"...unlocking a person's potential to maximize their own performance." - Tim Gallwey
You (or your loved one/performer) have spent a lot of time, money, and energy into developing and managing the physical side, but what about the mental side?
As weird as it sounds, the development of mental skills doesn't happen by chance! A performance coach helps performers develop and strengthen the mental skills that optimize performance and give an extra competitive edge.
Performance coaching is designed to highlight areas of strength, improve areas of weakness, learn the critical skills for improving performance, increase enjoyment, and prevent burnout. Performance coaching is also helpful for those going through, or coming back from an injury, and/or approaching retirement.
- Feel like nerves are getting the best of you?
- Feel like your mind is preventing you from performing at the level you know you are capable of?
- Perform better in practices or training than competitions or performances?
- Struggle to take your performance to the next level?
- Have trouble bouncing back from a mistake or error?
- Struggle to get in, or stay in, "the zone" or a state of "flow"?
- Have inconsistent performances?
- Have difficulty focusing on what you need to, when you need to?
- Struggle with perfectionism?
- Experience blocks or "slumps"
- Feel less enjoyment than you used to?
Good News: Performance coaching can help!
- Block out negative or unhelpful thoughts
- Increase confidence
- Enhance focus and concentration
- Handle stress
- Communicate with others more effectively
- Prepare mentally
- Stop self-sabotage
- Perform to your potential
- Reduce nerves
- Set goals that get results
- Recover from mistakes (quickly!)
- Get into "the zone"/state of "flow"
- Block out distractions
- Prepare effectively